Longboarding – a board that is…long, or longer than the standard surfboard. Some might think that bigger isn’t actually better but in this case, we’re thinking it might be. They got their name because shortboards started to take over during the ’60s revolution. Back when planks became smaller and smaller, and the original longboard started to become history. But nevertheless, there are much more longboarders around today than you might think. Most of which are not full-time longboarders, but carry a stash of diversity.
The original surfers said that the essence of longboarding is the style. If you consider yourself a surfer, don’t hesitate to give it a shot. Go ahead and enjoy life in a waist-high summer seas. Here’s why the team at Bali Monkey house thinks you should try longboarding:
- The Duke Kahanamoku feeling. The amazing joy of traveling 100 yards in Waikiki, with your eyes closed and just simply enjoying the breeze on your skin.
- The comeback board. If you’ve stopped surfing for a year or so. Hitting the waves again is definitely a smooth ride if you own a longboard.
- Wave-catching advantage. You’ll definitely ride more waves than most.
- Low-performance surfing. Getting back to the roots! Forget tricks and maneuvers for a while. Immerse your mind and body in the feeling.
- Perfect for older surfers. Our instructors at Bali Monkey House firmly believe that it is never too late to learn how to surf. A longboard is the perfect pick for new veteran beginners to learn to surf in Bali.
- Effortless. Experience how your board effortlessly glides over the water – an amazing feeling.
We hope you enjoyed this short informational blog about the mental and physical benefits of surfing in Bali. If you would like to add any information to this article, or would like to have some of your information featured on our blog, feel free to contact us. Bali Monkey House – Surf Camp is an accommodation and surf camp located in the heart of Canggu in Bali, Indonesia. It has been a home for travelers from all over the planet! From surfers eager to ride good waves to beginners hoping to catch their first one, to lovers of the local Balinese and Indonesian cuisines, or sporty people and explorers seeking to experience the nature of Bali. For information and details about your experience with us, please feel free to browse our website, especially our packages. If you have any inquiries, please use our contact page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org